computing and information technology
as updates regarding our response to covid-19 concerns are available, they will be
posted here. for university-wide updates, please refer to winthrop response faq.
- Faculty & Staff: for assistance with common issues regarding working remotely, please visit our working remotely faq page.
- the technology services office (tso) is serving in-person visitors by appointment only. please use our online booking system to schedule an appointment.
- academic computing labs (acc labs) are closed until further notice.
- the service desk is open with limited on-campus staff. faculty who need online instruction support
should visit the wool continuity of instruction webpage for more information.
- for faculty/staff: more information about the vpn can be found on our techbuy page. if you have been allocated a dell all-in-one computer, please watch this video about how to set up your device.
- a limited number of laptops are available for faculty/staff. to request a laptop,
please contact your vice president. if you have been assigned a loaner laptop, it
will reach out to you to schedule an appointment.
- for online communication, virtual meetings, and file sharing, please consider using
microsoft teams. more information can be found in our ms teams guide and our working remotely faq page.
- for students: visit our new student resources page to find tutorials and links to additional resources.
- new! visit our video conferencing page to find tutorials and navigate your video conferencing options.
- dacus library: for more information, please refer to their covid-19 response page.
the mission for computing and information technology is to provide the appropriate
technological infrastructure to support teaching, research and service, and to provide
high-quality, efficient, and effective technological support service to all academic
and administrative functions at winthrop university. there are 6 areas under the it
hours of operation
computing and information technology departmental offices
departmental offices are currently observing normal hours. due to covid-19, most staff
are working virtually and are best reached by email.
|monday - friday
||8:30am - 5:00pm
technology services office (tso)
the technology services office, located in room 1 of mcbryde hall, is open to in-person visitors during the hours below and by appointment using our
online booking service.
|monday - thursday
||9am - 5pm
||9am - 5pm
||10am - 2pm
academic computing labs
all academic computing (acc) labs are currently closed for the fall semester due to covid-19, but students can visit dacus library to use computers and printers. additional information will be posted here as it becomes
visit our video conferencing help page